Home of DJ Percussionist Lyndsay Evans
What is Organic DJing?
"Few would argue that 2020 has been.... Unexpected.
The clubs have closed and parties have been cancelled. But it's important to use this time to take stock of ourselves, to 'get back to nature' and for me, to remain creative.
I've used this time to explore the natural world. Using a combination of new cutting edge technology, I've developed a new way of DJing and drumming on everyday objects by turning them into musical instruments.
There's been a lot of trail and error, but this is a way of performing that is fully interactive and turns anything - from flowers and fruit to paintings and planes - into musical instruments and DJ decks. And with it happening organically, it turns out this perfectly matches my skills as a DJ Percussionist. (Although nowadays I'm more likely to be playing bananas than bongos!)
There's so many possibilities for this new type of performance and here are just a few ideas. I hope you enjoy watching them as much as we enjoyed creating them.
Probably the best way to describe this is to watch one of the videos below....
Enjoy, and stay safe."
I'm excited to already be working with some luxury brands and innovative charities on this project. (More details and videos to come!)
If you are interested in commissioning me to work with your festival, brand or event, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we can have a chat about how this unique way of performing can make your event unforgettable.
Some ideas to get you started are:
*A unique festival DJ/percussion performance
* Cocktail reception chilled/background performance using real flowers on location. Perfect for weddings
* Creating a musical piece/DJing using the products or ingredients/components of a brand launch. This can be the ingredients of a drink, to the components of a car
* Sensory work with children or adults with limited abilities
* A mixology class with a professional mixologist that involves participants playing their own cocktails
* A thoroughly unique children's party with elements of group music making, science, eating and fun!
* Playing paintings and artwork - I have paints that can run an electric current when dry so can be connected
The technology is able to be run only on batteries so is portable to be used anywhere and can be a fully interactive group activity - all done at a socially distanced 2m.
I am always looking for more ideas - please do get in touch!